Direct Admission in B.Tech by Management Quota
Direct Admission in B.Tech by Management Quota
Engineering is a broad term that covers a wide range of applications and industries. Combining mathematics, science, and technology, engineers produce creative solutions to real-world problems.
This field offers a range of career opportunities across all industries, making it one of the most sought-after course pursued by students after Class XII, especially those from the Science stream. Direct Engineering Admission through Management Quota
It has been witnessed that many students fail to clear the qualifying entrance exam; subsequently, they are failed to grab a seat in their desired engineering colleges. Top 10 Engineering Colleges in Pune Direct Admission
However, they can also get direct admission in B.Tech course in their desire or favorite engineering colleges in Management Quota Seats. Direct Management Quota Engineering Admission
Direct Admission in B.Tech by Management Quota
In this article, we have tried to accumulate all the possibilities that engineering students can choose the alternative way to gain admission in the same colleges where he/she dream to study their engineering degree. Top Engineering college Bangalore Karnataka Direct Admission
Popular Streams or Disciplines of Engineering for B.E or B.Tech
In the past, engineering could be divided into four major branches: Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, and Electrical, with sub-branches of each discipline. Top Engineering Colleges Management Quota
Today, however, the number of engineering degrees available has increased dramatically. Below are the most popular types of engineering degrees sorted by branch of engineering. Management Quota Admission in Top Engineering College Pune
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
- Automotive Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Direct Admission
Civil Engineering Degrees
- Architectural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Management Quota Direct B.Arch Admission
Electrical Engineering Degrees
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Microelectronic Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering Direct Admission
Chemical Engineering Degrees
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Materials Science Engineering
- Paper Engineering
- Sustainable Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Direct Admission in RV College
Engineering Management Degrees
- Engineering Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- MBA in Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- BMS College Direct Admission for Industrial Engineering
- Ceramics Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Geomatics Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Photonics Engineering
- Direct Admission in MIT Pune for Petroleum Engineering
Admission to B.Tech / B.E (Engineering) Courses
The admission to B-Tech or B-E programs in India is done through entrance examinations such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and state-level entrance exams such as COMEDK UGET, MHT-CET, AP EAMCET, KEAM, KEA-CET, TANCET, WBJEE, etc.
Some institutes also conduct their own entrance examinations such as BITS Pilani – BITSAT, VIT Vellore – VITEEE, MIT Manipal – MET, UPES Dehradun – UPESEAT, SRM Chennai – SRMJEEE, and KIIT Bhubaneswar – KIITEE, are among the few names.
All the government colleges offer B-Tech admission only on the basis of the merit list prepared for the entrance exam. Direct Admission in Engineering Colleges by Management Quota
However, some engineering colleges also provide direct admission in B.Tech course. These are mostly private colleges and deemed universities as they are provided with an option to keep some seats under management quota.
We will discuss such colleges, the procedure for direct admission in B.Tech or B.E courses, the fee under the direct admission scheme, and much more in the article ahead. So, read on for complete information.
What is Direct Admission in B.Tech?
Direct Admission in B.Tech or B.E course in Engineering Colleges, here direct admission means getting admission in an engineering college without appearing into any entrance exams, which is also termed as an admission under Management Quota.
It means the Management or Trust of the college reserves some seats for direct admission in Management Quota seats. 15 to 20 percent of the total intake in any particular college is under management quota, this direct admission in generally done in private colleges or deemed universities. Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges for Direct Admission
Who can opt for Direct Admission?
Direct admission in the B.Tech program is for the students who are among:
- Those who couldn’t get good scores in the entrance exam.
- Those who do not want to take a year gap for pursuing the course.
- Those who haven’t appeared for the entrance exam or who don’t want to appear in any such exam
Procedure in Direct Admission| Management Quota
Candidates who wish to take direct admission in B.Tech course in management quota seats, they have to shortlist the colleges first where he/she is interested in then either they can enquire them or consult admission consultants for the management quota admission process.
This admission is provided on a first-come-first-serve basis. However, some institutes or colleges also consider the marks in class 12th board examination. The candidates are also required to pay the donation fee at the time of admission. Now let’s dive into the next section to know the fee details for management quota admission.
Fee under Management Quota Seats
In terms of getting management quota admission in any particular engineering college, the candidate has to pay an additional fee other than the tuition fee or course fee of the respective college. This additional fee is termed as a donation fee.
The donation fee is to be paid at once as a lumpsum at the time of direct admission; this fee is not accepted in installments. However, some colleges might provide a time of one month to deposit the full amount. The donation fee might get revised every year as on the decision of the management or trust of the college.
Fee under Management Quota = Donation Fee + Course or Tuition Fees
List of Top Engineering Colleges offering Management Quota Admission
Some of the top engineering colleges in India offer Direct Admission in B.Tech or B.E under Management Quota, here is the list of those:
- RV College of Engineering (RVCE), Bangalore
- VIT University, Vellore
- SSN College of Engineering, Chennai
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
- PES University, Bangalore
- Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE), Mysore
- Alagappa Institute of Technology, Karaikudi
- Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara, Kochi
- SASTRA University, Thanjavur
- Amrita Institute of Technology & Science, Coimbatore
- Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- D.J. Sanghvi College of Engineering, Mumbai
- Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune
- Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Mumbai
- BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
- M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune
- Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune
- SRM University, Chennai
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Bhubaneswar
- BVB College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli
- Amity School of Engineering & Technology, Noida
- Sreenidhi Institute of Science & Technology, Hyderabad
- Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Pune
- JSS Academy of Technical Education (JSSATE), Noida
- K.L. University, Guntur
- Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology, Chennai
- Sathyabama University, Chennai
- GITAM University, Visakhapatnam
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Institute of Technology & Management, Gurgaon
- JSS Academy of Technical Education (JSSATE), Bangalore
- MVJ College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering, Pune
- Ansal University, Gurgaon
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Delhi
- RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- PES Institute of Technology, South Campus, Bangalore
- BMS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- CMR Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- CPJ Institute of Management and Technology, Delhi
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology, Delhi
- HRM Institute of Technology & Management, Delhi
- Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Reva Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune
- DY Patil College of Engineering, Pune
- Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering, Pune
- Sinhgad College of Engineering, Pune
- PES Modern College of Engineering, Pune
You can also check out the city-wise list of private colleges for direct admission in engineering
Direct Admission in B.Tech or B.E without Donation
If you want to take admission in B.Tech or B.E (Engineering) courses without paying any donation fee, you just have to appear for JEE Main exam.
Even if you don’t qualify the JEE Main cut-off, you will receive a rank. On the basis of that rank, you can participate in the private colleges counseling process for admission in the B.Tech or B.E courses.
The counseling is conducted by the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). Thus, candidates can visit the official website of the board at csab.nic.in to participate in the counseling process.
The candidates are just required to pay the counseling registration fee and course fee. This way, you can save a year gap from your academics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some FAQs which will clear your doubts related to the Direct Admission in B.Tech by Management Quota.