Symbiosis Institute of Technology Pune Direct BTech Admission
Table of Contents
If anybody interested to take selection in Symbiosis Institute of Technology Pune Direct BTech Admission, then you are in the right place to join b.tech colleges according to your choices, Go to your dream colleges
About Symbiosis Institute of Technology Pune
It is established in the year 2008, SIT is a constituent unit of SIU situated in Lavale – Pune, Maharashtra. It offers a four-year B.Tech degree in 5 disciplines and a two-year M.Tech degree in 3 specializations. Aspirants can also apply for integrated dual degree program of M.Tech- Ph.D. that has recently been initiated under SIU. Register Symbiosis Institute of Technology Pune Direct BTech Admission – 2022 batch
Admissions to UG and PG level courses are subjected to the scores obtained by the aspirant in National or State Level Entrance Test that is JEE Main and MHT CET for BTech and GATE score for admissions to M.Tech.
Aspirants can directly take SET and SNAP test for UG and PG admissions respectively, which are conducted by the SIU every year.
The Selection process through SET and Snap are strictly merit based and the individual’s performance assessment is based on the norms prescribed by SIU. Lateral Entry admissions to the 2nd year are also offered at SIT for B.Tech program.
Documents required at the time of counselling
- Class 10th and 12th Marksheet original and photocopies.
- Valid Score Card for the National/State Level Entrance Test taken.
- Government authorized Caste Certificate (if applicable) as a proof of belonging to any non-general category.
- Print out of SET application form.
- Migration and Transfer Certificate from SSC in case UG programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Migration Certificate, Transfer Certificate from college/University with which the applicant pursued the UG Program, in the case of admissions to PG program.
- GAP certificate and Experience Certificate, if any. Additionally, caution fee of INR 10,000 is also taken at the time of UG/PG admissions which is refundable.
- Direct B.Tech Admission in Pune by Management Quota
- Direct B.Tech Admission in VIT Pune by Management Quota
SIT follows the reservation criteria as prescribed by the Education Board of Indian Government. Reservation followed for UG course is 15% to Scheduled Caste, 7.5 to Scheduled Tribe and 3% to differently abled. SIU even reserves the right for admissions against vacant seats. That is in cases when some seats remain vacant in any category, it will be converted to General category. Special reservations are offered for Kashmiri migrants. International Students under the category of NRI, Foreign or PIO get 15% reservations.
The scholarships offered at SIT are purely on merit basis. The scholarship holder gets a concession of his/her total academic fees. Total merit-based scholarships offered at SIT for UG programs is one in each discipline.
SIT even offers Jayatee Deshmukh Scholarship for UG program which is for a girl student securing the highest percentile in SET.
Life at SIT
SIT provides a very enriching and rewarding experience to all students. Routine of students includes an optimal mix of work, play and leisure. Curriculum and pedagogy have been designed in a way to make the teaching-learning process both interesting and challenging.
Project based learning, problem based learning, choice of elective subjects of one’s interest, even from outside the curriculum of SIT, make the students really interested and involved. In addition, activities like Week-long Induction Programme, Mentor-Mentee system and strong bond between the students and faculty make the students always eager and motivated to learn.
Year-round organization of technical, sports and cultural activities at departmental level, intra-institutional and inter-institutional level, keep the students creatively engaged.
Annual calendar of activities, planning and organizing the activities by the student bodies and the reward system through healthy competitions contribute to a vibrant life on campus.
SIT offers B.Tech admissions in 5 different disciplines. The minimum eligibility to apply for B.Tech program is 45% aggregate in 10+2, which remains to 40% for reserved categories. Also, the aspirants must have done 10+2 with mandatory subjects of Science and Mathematics.
For admissions to UG programs, the applicants must have taken National/ State Level Entrance Test namely JEE Main/MHT CET or must have obtained at least minimum cut-off scores in SET.
Key Points SIT Pune
Admissions to UG program are based on University level counselling that is to be held at SIT for the applicants that have crossed the minimum cut-off set by the SIT.
Eligibility of International students for selection to UG program is based on norms prescribed by SCIE.
Total intake for all branches is 60 except for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering where the total intake is 120.
Students can only apply online for admissions to UG/PG programs offered at SIT. They need to follow the subsequent steps to apply:
Candidates need to register online at the official website before the last date of registration.
Fill the details asked in the application form and attach the scanned soft copy of documents that are asked for.
Pay an amount of INR 2500 as the application fees.
Candidates who have successfully done the registration will be able to participate in the counselling.
Candidates need to be physically present on the counselling date along with all the original documents. Pleasant weather of Pune, a food court on campus, city-transport, playgrounds, gymnasium and other facilities make the stay at SIT campus comfortable and conducive for learning and growth.
Recent News of Symbiosis Institute of Technology
Solar Photovoltaic based system to power one desktop computer
Service Learning purpose and objectives:
- The purpose of Service Learning (SL) course is involving students [Inter Disciplinary Course (Credits 4/Total Marks 100)] of SIT in social and community activities.
- Symbiosis Service Learning Centre helped to connect campus and community resources to create diverse learning experience for students to serve the needs of the community.
- As part of SL, encouragement from E&TC HoD (Dr Neela R.), guidance from E&TC faculty (Dr Paresh Nasikkar and Prof Ms Ankita Wanchoo) and support from staff (Mr Sandeep Borate, Mr Atul More and Ms Yogita Patil), students have studied, sized and installed solar photovoltaic (PV) energy based stand-alone system (photos on page 2) to power an educational desktop computer at Zilla Parishad School in Mulshi Taluka, Pune.
Students benefits of Service Learning:
- Create awareness about clean, green and non-conventional energy source particularly Solar PV Energy.
- Exposure to develop preliminary skills such as working in team, time management and outdoor social responsibilities.
Interaction with the chairman of the sakal media group, Shri pratap pawar
An interaction session for the students and the faculty members was arranged with the Chairman of the Sakal media group, Shri Pratap Pawar, in SIT on 30.8.18, 12:30 pm in the Seminar Hall.
The programme started with the welcome address by the Chancellor of SIU, Dr. S.B. Mujumdar, and felicitation of the guest. Dr. Mujumdar in his address spoke about the current scenario of the several engineering colleges in the country. He expressed his desire that the engineering students of today should be job creators rather than job seekers.
His speech was followed by the address by Mr. Pratap Pawar. Mr. Pawar shared his several inspiring real life instances with the students, telling his experiences in reaching to his present position, as the Chairman of Sakal group. He gave a motivating speech on how the students can make the best use of the resources available to them and should feel blessed to have them all. He also emphasised on learning things that are needed to accomplish high goals.