JEE Main Cutoff 2022 (Expected) and Previous Year Cutoffs
Table of Contents
JEE Main Cutoff 2022 (Expected) and Previous Year Cutoffs. The JEE Main Cutoff 2022 National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the cutoff of JEE Mains 2022. It should be noted that the cutoff of the Joint Entrance Examination Main 2022 Exam is going to be of two types- qualifying cutoff and admission cutoff. IIT JEE cutoff 2022 will be released along with result of JEE Main exam 2022 session 2.
JEE Main Cutoff 2022 (Expected) – Previous Year Cutoffs
The cutoff marks depend on various factors such as the number of applicants, the level of question paper etc. The cutoff will be different for different categories. For more details regarding JEE Main Cutoff 2022 go through the article.
JEE Main Cutoff Types
The cutoff is the minimum score required in to clear the JEE Main 2022 Exam and participate into the counseling. This cutoff is of two types:
- JEE Main Qualifying Cutoff 2022, declared by National Testing Agency (NTA)
- JEE Main Admission Cutoff 2022, declared by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA)
JEE Main 2022 Qualifying and Admission Cutoff
|Particulars||JEE Main 2022 Qualifying Cutoff||JEE Main 2022 Admission Cutoff|
|Published By||National Testing Agency (NTA)||On the behalf of the participating institutes, JoSAA will release JEE Main 2022 admission cutoff.|
|How to check?||Candidates will be able to check JEE Main 2022 qualifying cutoff by logging in to the JEE Main result portal.||Candidates will be able to check the admission cutoff on JoSAA website.|
|Purpose of Cutoff||Qualifying cutoff is used to screen candidates for JEE Advanced. Candidates meeting the qualifying cutoff will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2022.||The admission cutoff is the minimum marks required by the candidates for higher chances of admission into the participating institutes of JEE Main 2022.|
|Used for Admissions||No||Yes|
Factors to Determine JEE Main Cut-off Marks:
Several factors are to be taken into consideration while determining the JEE Main cutoff marks. They are –
- Total number of applications received for the exam
- Total number of students taking the test
- The level of difficulty in the exam
- Total available seats
- Cut off marks of last years
- Total number of questions asked in the exam
- Admission sought in a particular category
JEE Main Cutoff 2022 for JEE Advanced 2022: Although there is no minimum marks required to qualify JEE Main. But all candidates who appear for JEE Main exam will get a rank on the basis of their percentiles. However, as per the decision of the IITs, a minimum percentile is required for each category, based on that top 2.5 lakh candidates are allowed to appear into JEE Advanced 2022 in order to get admission in the IITs for engineering and technology courses.
JEE Main 2022 Opening and Closing Ranks: This is available in the form of ranks and not marks. The candidates who do not clear the JEE Advanced cutoff or are not interested in admission to the IITs, must participate in JoSAA counseling. Each of the participating NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFTIs etc., announces their opening and closing ranks for admission after each JosAA counseling round.
Opening rank means the rank from which a particular college starts to take admission, whereas the Closing rank means the last rank upto which candidates are called for admission by the college.
JEE Main Cutoff 2022 (Expected) – Previous Year Cutoffs
Previous Years’ Cutoff of JEE Main
Candidates can find below the cutoff of JEE Main 2021, 2020, 2019, and other years. As the authorities are yet to announce JEE Main cutoff 2022, candidates may observe the JEE Main previous year qualifying cutoff marks for reference purposes.
JEE Main Qualifying Cutoff 2021
JEE Main Cut off 2020 (Qualifying)
|Category||JEE Main Cutoff|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||90.3765335|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||72.8887969|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||50.1760245|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||39.0696101|
Qualifying JEE Main Cut off 2019
|Category||Total NTA Score Cutoff Based on Paper 1|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||89.7548849|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||74.3166557|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||54.0128155|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||44.3345172|
JEE Main 2018 Cutoff (Qualifying)
|Category||Qualified||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks|
|Common Rank List||111275||350||74|
JEE Main Cutoff- Previous Year Trends
JEE Main 2022 Result: The results for Paper-I and Paper-II for the JEE Main (January) 2022 exam has been released. Candidates can check the same on the official website (NTA or JEE Main website). The next session of the exam will be conducted in April, here is the detailed schedule:
How to check JEE Main 2022 Result?
- Log on to the official website of JEE Main –jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Click on the link ‘JEE (Main) January 2022 NTA Score (Paper 1 and Paper 2)’ button.
- Enter application number, date of birth, enter security pin to log-in.
- The result will appear on the screen
- Download the scorecard and take a printout for further use.
- The final merit list will be prepared after the declaration of JEE Main 2022 April session result.
JEE Main Rank List: The JEE Main authority will release All India Rank (AIR) in June last week. Also, the All India Rank of a candidate will be the basis for admission into NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs. Further, the candidates will get the call for counseling on the basis of marks obtained in the JEE Main exam. Further, the merit list will be available by taking into account the JEE main score and 12th board percentage. However, there will be a separate merit list will for each category.
What does NTA score means?
In the scorecard for JEE Main (January) 2022, the NTA score means “Normalized scores across multi session papers and are based on the relative performance of all those who appeared for the examination in one session. The marks obtained are converted into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each session.”
It also says “The NTA Score indicates the percentage of candidates who have scored EQUAL TO OR BELOW (same or lower raw scores) a particular candidate in that session.”
And the NTA scores of a candidate can be calculates by below formula: (100 X Number of candidates appeared in the ‘Session’ with raw score EQUAL TO OR LESS than the candidate) / (Total number of candidates appeared in the ‘Session’).
The NTA score is NOT the same as percentage of marks obtained and also the NTA score of the total is NOT an average or aggregate of the NTA score of individual subject.
JEE Main 2022 Opening and Closing Rank
In the table below, we have provided opening and closing rank for some of the top NITs. It has been prepared based on previous year information and our team will try to update as soon as JoSAA counseling starts.
|Name of the NITs||Opening Rank||Branch||Closing Rank||Branch|
|NIT Rourkela||3024||CSE||34185||Life Science (M.Sc.)|
|SVNIT Surat||1867||CSE||32616||Chemistry (M.Sc.)|
|NIT Raipur||8344||CSE||62554||Bio Medical|
|NIT Patna||7229||CSE||30691||Chemistry (M.Sc.)|
Note: Above tabulated opening and closing ranks in the Round 1.
List of NITs in India accepting JEE Main Score
|National Institute of Technology Agartala||National Institute of Technology Sikkim|
|National Institute of Technology Andhra Pradesh||National Institute of Technology Srinagar|
|National Institute of Technology Delhi||National Institute of Technology Surathkal|
|National Institute of Technology Durgapur||National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli|
|National Institute of Technology Goa||National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand|
|National Institute of Technology Hamirpur||National Institute of Technology Warangal|
|National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad|
|National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra||National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh|
|National Institute of Technology Manipur||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal|
|National Institute of Technology Meghalaya||National Institute of Technology Calicut|
|National Institute of Technology Mizoram||Malviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur|
|National Institute of Technology Nagaland||Dr. BR Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar|
|National Institute of Technology Patna||National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya|
|National Institute of Technology Puducherry||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology Surat|
|National Institute of Technology Raipur||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur|
|National Institute of Technology Rourkela||—|
List of IIITs in India accepting JEE Main Score
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sri City||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kota|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Trichy||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Una|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kalyani|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Lucknow||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Dharwad|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Manipur||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhopal|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur||—|
List of CFTIs and SFTIs accepting JEE Main Score
Here is the list of CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutes) in India accepting JEE Main score for Admission to Engineering and Technology courses.
- Assam University, Silchar
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
- Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar
- Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi
- Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management, Ahmedabad
- Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur
- J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, University of Allahabad- Allahabad
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad
- National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology, Hatia, Ranchi
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal
- Mizoram University, Aizawl
- School of Engineering, Tezpur University, Tezpur
- School of Planning & Architecture, Bhopal
- School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi
- School of Planning & Architecture, Vijayawada
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
- HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar
- International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur
- Harcourt Butler Technical University, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam
- Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology, Thanjavur
- National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management, Sonepat
Some of the states and institutes in India also considering JEE Main score to select students for engineering and technology programmes. Here is the list of those colleges and states:
- Madhya Pradesh
- Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar
- Punjab Engineering College (PEC), Chandigarh
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Space Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- Delhi Technological University (DTU), New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women, New Delhi
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (under Delhi University)
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
Those who are appear for JEE Main 2022 exam, but their ranks are not that good so that they will get admission in engineering and technology courses in NITs, IIITs, or GFTIs in the counseling, they can try for some self-financing or deemed universities or some private engineering across the country. Here we are going to share a list of those engineering colleges.
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal
- RV College of Engineering (RVCE), Bangalore
- VIT University, Vellore
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), Mumbai
- SSN College of Engineering, Chennai
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
- PES University, Bangalore
- Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE), Mysore
- Alagappa Institute of Technology, Karaikudi
- Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara, Kochi
- Institute of Engineering & Technology (IET), Lucknow
- SASTRA University, Thanjavur
- Amrita Institute of Technology & Science, Coimbatore
- Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- D.J. Sanghvi College of Engineering, Mumbai
- Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune
- Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Mumbai
- BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
- M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune
- Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune
- SRM University, Chennai
- SDM College of Engineering & Technology, Dharwad
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Bhubaneswar
- Institute of Technology – Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering & Management, Nagpur
- BVB College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli
- Amity School of Engineering & Technology, Noida
- Sreenidhi Institute of Science & Technology, Hyderabad
- Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Pune
- JSS Academy of Technical Education (JSSATE), Noida
- K.L. University, Guntur
- Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology, Chennai
- Sathyabama University, Chennai
- National Institute of Engineering (NIE), Mysore
- GITAM University, Visakhapatnam
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Sagar Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal
- Institute of Technology & Management, Gurgaon
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
- MVJ College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Siddhartha Engineering College, Vijayawada
- Sona College of Technology, Salem
- Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram
In some of these Top Engineering Colleges without JEE Main admission can happen, most of those conducting their own entrance exams such as VITEEE, BITSAT, MET, UPESEAT, KIITEE, SRMJEEE, etc., or participating in state-level entrance exam like COMEDK, MHT-CET, KCET, EAMCET, TANCET, KEAM are the few names.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – JEE Main Cutoff 2022 – Check Qualifying Cutoffs for NITs, IIITs, GFTIs
Question: When will the JEE Main cutoff 2022 be released?
Answer: JEE Main 2022 cutoff will be released in online mode.
Question: What is meant by the qualifying JEE Main 2022 cutoff?
Answer: Qualifying JEE Main cutoff is used to screen candidates for JEE Advanced. Candidates meeting the qualifying JEE Main 2022 cutoff will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2022. It is released by NTA.
Question: What is JEE Main admission cutoff 2022?
Answer: The admission JEE Main cutoff is the minimum marks required by the candidates for higher chances of admission into the participating institutes of JEE Main 2022. On the behalf of the participating institutes, JoSAA will release JEE Main 2022 admission cutoff.
Question: What was the previous year JEE Main cutoff?
Answer: The JEE Main cutoff 2021 is as follows-
Question: What is JEE Main 2022 result date?
Answer: NTA will announce the JEE Main 2022 result date along with the schedule.
Question: What was JEE Main qualifying cutoff 2021 for general category?