Civil Engineering Direct Admission at NITTE MEENAKSHI IT
Table of Contents
In this article, you will have an in-depth analysis of Civil Engineering Direct Admission at NITTE MEENAKSHI IT. It is a popular branch among students and offers decent job opportunities after graduation. We will provide information such as- basic course details, course duration, eligibility criteria, important subjects present, and courses to do after Graduation, scope and job opportunities. Civil Engineering Direct Admission at NITTE MEENAKSHI IT For Civil Engineering Direct Admission at NITTE MEENAKSHI IT, Contact
NITTE MEENAKSHI Institute of Technology
NITTE MEENAKSHI Institute of Technology (NMIT) is an autonomous engineer college in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. The college is and approved by the AICTE, New Delhi. NMIT offers a four-year graduate programmer in engineer leading to the award of the degree Bachelor of Engineer (B.E.).
The campus is on a 23-acre (93,000 m2) site in Govindapura, Gollahalli village 3 km from Bulgur cross, on the way to Devanahalli airport on Hyderabad-Bangalore NH 7 and it is 25 km from Centre of Bengaluru. NMIT was started by VINAYA Hedge, son of founder of NMAMIT, late Justice K. S. hedge in 2001 after the success of NITTE MAHALINGA ADYANATHAYA Memorial Institute of Technology (NMAMIT) at NITTE. NITTE MEENAKSHI Institute of Technology was ranked 100 among engineering colleges by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018.
The Department educates students in many Civil Engineering disciplines such as structural Engineering, Geo-technical Engineer, Transportation Engineer, Water Resources Engineer and Military Engineer. Technical talks by industry experts and academia are organized under the banner of Civil the Engineering Forum for the benefit of students. Technical visits are also arranged to enhance the practical knowledge of the students. Civil Engineering Direct Admission at NITTE MEENAKSHI IT.
The students are encouraged to participate in student fests, technical competitions, quizzes and presentations, workshops, seminars, conferences and with other NITs & IITs. They are encouraged for summer internship in Industry, NITs, IITs and IISC. The department also provides consultancy services to public and private sector firms.
Process of Teaching & Learning
- The Course Co-coordinators are adopting some of the following delivery methods in addition to regular class room teaching.
- Presentation by student groups from the class
- Task oriented discussion by small group
- Crossword puzzles
- Use of exhibits and displays by Course Co-coordinators
- Supervised study during class period
- Use of case studies
- Self-Learning through facilitator
- ICT –Information Communication Tools – YouTube Videos, web links, NPTEL course materials, etc. relevant to the topic are provided to the students.
Note: (Civil Engineering Direct Admission at NITTE MEENAKSHI IT)
During the classroom interaction with students, it is encouraged to use collaborative learning and some of the concepts are explained through case studies and real world examples. The following methods are also adopted.
Context Based Learning
Context based teaching enables the students to learn from experience. By interpreting new information (daily newspaper) where, when and why it has occurred and relating it to the concepts students have already learnt in the class, the learners are made to analyze and infer with a case study. Examples are supported by site visit whenever possible.
In peer teaching, a specific topic is assigned to each student (individually or in teams) for presentation to a small group of students or to the entire class. The Course Co-coordinators establishes minimum requirements or guidelines for the presentation and includes a couple of examples. The presentation must include reference web pages, videos if available, case studies, etc., as suggested by the instructor.
Encouraging Bright Students
- Good performers have the opportunity to complete the programmer in advance (in 3 and a half years) and take up Project Work or Internship in Industries /reputed Universities abroad.
- Students are also encouraged to participate in paper presentation, publications and to take competitive examinations such as KPSC, GATE, GRE, TOEFL etc.
- The students have the facility to participate in research activities in Centre’s of Excellence.
- Students are facilities with software training classes.
- The student should have passed 2nd PUC / 12th standard or equivalent examination with English as one of the languages and obtained 45% of marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Electronics / Biology.
- In case of candidates belonging to Karnataka Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and other Backward Classes (Category I, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B), the minimum marks for the purpose of eligibility will be 40% of marks in aggregate in the optional subjects in the qualifying examination.
Program Educational Objective
- Excel to take up challenging professional roles successfully in industry or be successful entrepreneurs to create sustainable built environment.
- Pursue higher education and involve in research with zeal for lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, ethical values and environmental awareness, to serve the society.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Identify the field problems, formulate, adopt Coral provisions and design Civil Engineering structures. Civil Engineering Direct Admission at NITTE MEENAKSHI IT
- Identify and utilize the latest Materials and Technologies, contributing to sustainable, energy efficient and environmental friendly construction.
It is a cherishing moment for me to chase my long pending dream of pursuing my higher studies ABROAD at one of the reputed Universities of USA – North Dakota State University (NDSU) which has come true. The initiation is started only with the support of NMIT and its MOU with NDSU.
I am one of the luckiest to be selected for Internship and Project work of 8th SEM UG (BE) programmer at NDSU, leaving to USA in January 2017. It was beyond my imagination to reach to this platform. This was made easy for students through the MOU signed between NMIT and NDSU.
I would express now that the ‘Ambiguity of Fresh Graduates’ for ‘what Next?’ which starts at 7th semester for most of the students, are well attended at NMIT through various platforms created for guiding the students towards better professional prospects. Civil Engineering Direct Admission at NITTE MEENAKSHI IT
It starts as early as in 3rd semester Engineering Programmed through Orientation Programmed, lot of site visits, career counseling activities, exposure to competitive examinations and creating platform for Interaction with Industry Experts through constant Technical Events to name a few.
My sincere thanks to Dr. Prof. N R Settee, Director and a Role Model, every NMIT student should consider, the Management, Principal, HOD (Civil Dept.) and all the faculties who have been my support and a special thanks to my loving parents for supporting me from behind the scene.