Can we Get Seat in VIT without Exams?
Table of Contents
Can we Get Seat in VIT without Exams? VITEEE 2022 – VIT has extended the last date to fill the application form till June 15, 2022. Engineering aspirants can fill the VITEEE 2022 application form in online mode at viteee.vit.ac.in. After that slot booking is expected to happen, followed by release of admit card.
The exam date has been announced, and the exam will be held from 30 June to 06 July. The VIT Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) is a University level Engineering entrance exam for admission to B-Tech in Vellore Institute of Technology in the Vellore, Chennai, AP and Bhopal Campuses of VIT. Official website is viteee.vit.ac.in.
Get here latest news on VITEEE 2022 and its exam date, syllabus, exam pattern, sample paper, previous year question papers, registration, admit card, answer key, result.
VIT Eligibility Criteria 2022:
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has released the eligibility criteria along with the information bulletin on the official website.
Candidates must check the VIT eligibility criteria 2022 before applying for the VITEEE 2022. Candidates who fill out the application form without fulfilling the specified criteria will be rejected.
The VIT engineering entrance exam will be conducted from June 30 to July 6, 2022, in various designated centers. Read the article below to know about the mandatory subjects, age, minimum qualifying marks and other eligibility requirements that candidates must fulfil to appear for the VITEEE 2022.
Can we Get Seat in VIT without Exams?
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2022: Highlights
Candidates can refer to the below table to have an overview of the VITEEE exam:
|Name of the Exam||VITEEE|
|VITEEE Full Form||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination|
|Exam Conducting Body||Vellore Institute of Technology|
Can we Get Seat in VIT without Exams?
Detailed Information of VITEEE Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to appear for the VITEEE examination will have to fulfil the required eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria have been given in detail, for each parameter, below. Can we Get Seat in VIT without Exams?
- Candidates who wish to apply for VITEEE 2022 must be born on or after July 1, 2000. Also, the date of birth mentioned in the class 10th/ SSC/ High School certificate will only be considered by the authorities.
- Candidates are required to produce the same documents as proof of age during counselling.
- An applicant must be a resident or non-resident Indian national or a PIO.
- International students studying abroad may apply directly through the foreign category. A separate application form is available for those students.
- Candidates who are appearing/appeared in 10+2/HSC from the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE)
- Also, those candidates who have appeared for any pre-university examination or intermediate by a recognised board or university can apply for VITEEE.
- Those who have high school certification from Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva can apply.
- Students possessing a General Certificate of Education (GCE) from Cambridge/London/Sri Lanka with an advanced “A” level can apply.
- Aspirants from the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) can also apply for the entrance exam
- Candidates who have completed full time, regular and formal education will be eligible for VITEEE 2022.
Minimum Marks Required for VITEEE Exam 2022
- Candidates applying for VITEEE 2022, are required to obtain a minimum of 55% in 10+2 and will only be eligible to apply for the VITEEE entrance test.
- Also, candidates belonging to the reserved category will have to secure 45% marks in 10+2. Can we Get Seat in VIT without Exams?
Subject Eligibility for VITEEE Eligibility 2022
For B.Tech Programmed – Those candidates who have opted for Physics, Chemistry, English, Aptitude and Mathematics (MPCEA) for VITEEE 2022 are eligible for all B-Tech courses
For Bio Programmed – Candidates who have opted for Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English, Aptitude (BPCEA) in VITEEE 2022 are eligible for the Bio stream programmed given below:
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Bioinformatics (VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Biotechnology (VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Health Informatics) (VIT-Bhopal)
- B.Tech. Bio-engineering (VIT-Bhopal)
Candidates must note that after joining the college, candidates will have to take Mathematics as a bridge course.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Candidates and NRI Candidates
Foreign candidates can appear for the VITEEE entrance exams for 2022 provided the following requirements are met: Can we Get Seat in VIT without Exams?
- The medium of education should be English.
- Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as two mandatory subjects at A level/ Form VI or Senior VI or its equivalent. For the third subject, candidates can have either Chemistry / Computer Sciences / Electronics / Biotechnology / Biology as a part of their course curriculum.
- Candidates need to obtain a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the subjects mentioned above in 10+2 or in an equivalent exam.
Non-resident Indian candidates should fulfil the following requirements to be eligible for VITEEE 2022 exams: Can we Get Seat in VIT without Exams?
- Candidates should have studied English as one of the subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have completed 12 years of schooling with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology as compulsory subjects.
- A minimum average of 55% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) or Biology or Biotechnology (PCB) in 10+2 or an equivalent examination is mandatory.
VIT Admission Criteria 2022
Only those candidates who have qualified in the entrance exam will be eligible for the counselling and admission procedure. As per their merit ranks, the candidates will be called for the counselling procedure along with the required documents.
Candidates who are accepted into the course and campus of their choice will be allowed to enroll by paying the required admission fees. Can we Get Seat in VIT without Exams?
Important Points for VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2022
- In case a candidate does not meet VITEEE 2022 eligibility criteria at any later stage then their candidature will be cancelled immediately.
- For all the B.Tech courses, candidates must have Mathematics along with Physics and Chemistry in 10+2 whereas, those who will opt for Bio stream must have Biology along with Chemistry and Physics in class 12th.
- Candidates willing to apply must have scored at least 55% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in their 10+2 or intermediate qualifying examinations. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories should score a minimum of 45% to apply for the exam.
VITEEE Application Form 2022
The exam conducting body had released the VITEEE 2022 application form online. Candidates willing to apply for the exam are required to check the eligibility criteria for VITEEE 2022. Can we Get Seat in VIT without Exams?
The VITEEE application’s last date 2022 is June 15, 2022. To fill out the application form for the entrance exam, candidates will have to follow these steps:
- Filling in the detailed application form,
- Payment of fees,
- Uploading of images, and
- Final submission of the application form.
There are several colleges in India accepting VITEEE 2022. Candidates can check the list below for a reference for VITEEE colleges. Can we Get Seat in VIT without Exams?
- VIT – Vellore Institute of Technology
- VIT – Chennai – Vellore Institute of Technology
- VIT Bhopal – VIT University
- VIT – AP University, Amaravati
- Woxsen University, Hyderabad
FAQs on Criteria for Admission in VIT
Q.1: When will the VITEEE entrance exam take place?
Ans: VITEEE exams will be conducted from June 30 to July 6, 2022.
Q.2: What is the minimum percentage of marks required to apply for VIT?
Ans: A student must score a minimum of 55% marks in class 12 in the requested subjects to apply for VITEE.
Q.3: What is the age limit to apply for VITEEE 2022?
Ans: Candidates born on or after July 1, 2000, are eligible to appear for the VITEEE exam 2022.
Q.4: I have completed class 12 from NIOS. Can I apply for VITEEE?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible to apply for the VITEEE examination 2022.
Q.5: Does VIT consider board marks?
Ans: The Class 12th board marks are only considered for eligibility. Admission to various programmed is made through the marks scored by the candidates in VITEEE.
Q.6: Can international candidates apply for VITEEE exams 2022?
Ans: Yes, candidates outside India can apply for VITEEE 2022 exams through the Foreign category provided they fulfil the eligibility requirements for foreign candidates.
Q.7: What happens if you do not get 55% PCM in VIT Vellore?
Ans: Candidates who fail to obtain 55% marks in PCM, cannot get admission to any of the VIT campuses.
Q.8: Can I get admission to VIT without VITEEE?
Ans: No, the institute only takes admission through VITEEE only.
Q.9: How many candidates took VITEEE in the year 2022?
Ans: More than 2 lac candidates took the VITEE exam in 2022. This year also the same number of applicants is expected.