BMSIT Direct Admission for Information Science Engineering
Table of Contents
If you are wanted to be a software engineer or software analyst, you could move forward for Information Science Engineering or Information Technology Degree but you are not sure whether you will get it through counseling, apply for Management Quota in BMSIT Direct Admission for Information Science Engineering with irrespective of your entrance exam score.
BMS Institute of Technology, a new institution started by BMS Educational Trust in the Year 2002. The Managing Body has started making this new institution a premier institute of technology and management in the noble tradition of dedicated services, which are characterized the activities of the BMS Education Trust since its inception. BMS Institute of Technology Bangalore is considered to be among the best private engineering colleges in Karnataka. The college is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University and approved by AICTE in New Delhi. The College has received the status of a Research Institution by the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) in the year 2005.
Information Science Engineering @ BMSIT
Management Quota in BMSIT Direct Admission for Information Science Engineering The Department of Information Science and Engineering at BMS Institute of Technology Bangalore was started in 2010 with an intake of 60 candidates.
The Department has qualified and professionally dedicated faculty members who practice OBE in the academic deliverables.
The faculties have published research articles in various National, International, IEEE Conferences, and Journals.
The course is designed to develop high-quality IT professionals to meet the ever-changing industry challenges and requirements.
The department is young and dynamic with experienced faculty, well ambiance classrooms, and the best computing facilities.
The department has modern laboratories to serve the teaching and research needs of the students as well as faculty members.
The Department has been organizing conferences, workshops, expert lectures, and student-centric activities to encourage students and faculty to instill lifelong learning.
Few of the students from the department are working for consultancy projects along with few faculty members.
The staff is encouraged to attend the 10 days internship to bridge the gap between academics and industry.
Vision and Mission of the Department (Information Science)
Management Quota in BMSIT Direct Admission for Information Science Engineering The department of Information Science Engineering has been started with the vision as an “Emerge as centre of learning in the field of information science & engineering with technical competency to serve the society.”
The mission of Information Science Engineering department of the college is “To provide excellent learning environment through contemporary teaching methods, innovation, mentoring, and industry-institute interaction.”
Management Quota in BMSIT Direct Admission for Information Science Engineering The Department organizes an annual inter-college technical fest, “INFINIUM”, during the odd semester, in which many students from other colleges and departments attend. Events usually conducted under the fest include paper presentations, poster presentations, quizzes, and mock placements along with other Department-specific events.
Achievements by Information Science Department
- In the quest for academic excellence leading to global standards and to provide a platform for the students graduating from the portals of BMSIT, the Department has adopted the practice of Outcome Based Education (OBE).
- To provide the knowledge of data importance and the current trends in the market department of ISE conducted one week FDP on “ Hadoop Ecosystem for Big Data” from 18th Jan to 23rd Jan 2016 in collaboration with Cogzy Technology Pvt Ltd. This was perceived by many faculty members of various colleges.
- To bring in the new insights in the field of Information Science and Engineering, department of ISE conducted a two days 2nd National Conference on “Recent Trends in Information Technology –NCRTIT-2016” on 21st and 22nd June 2016.
- To provide the knowledge about the technology and to create social awareness, department of ISE conducted an Industrial Visits to BSNL Exchange office Bangalore, Human Brain Museum, Neurobiology Research Centre, NIMHANS Bangalore.
- Department of ISE releases Bi-annual Newsletter “JNAN” every semester, which includes different activities of students and faculty members.
- Mr. Agneya Koushik, 1st semester ISE won ZOWIE EXTREMELANDS ASIA INDIA championships and represented India and participated in Zowie Extremelands CS: GO 2016 Grand finals held in Shanghai China.
- Mr Kalash Khotar, 5th Semester ISE, successfully completed his industry internship in PARKYERI AS, Kabatas Istanbul, Turkey during July 2016, and completed project titled “Weather Box” over there.
- Department of ISE arranged skill development programmes under “TECHNO STUDENT FORUM” for various subjects such as “ MatLab as Programming Tool” and “Simulation tools of Analog and Digital Circuits”.
- To provide the new career option for students, department of ISE organized an Expert Talk on CAREER GUIDANCE & GATE OPPORTUNITIES by Dr. Indrani Pramod Kelar, VP, GATEFORUM on August 30th 2016, as an outcome around 20 plus students were enrolled for GATE-2017.
- Mr. Bharath Aditya student of 7th semester ISE, has been selected as HEAD of Planning and Public Relations of Bangalore chapter, World Merit India, NGO.
- Mr. Arpan Karki, student of 5th Semester ISE, has played for college football team and won championship of Bangalore North Zone.
- Business Idea Mr.Naveen Kumar N, student of 5th semester ISE, is shortlisted for MANTHAN-2016 contest, organized by FEDERATION OF KARNATAKA CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY, K G Road, Bangalore, Karnataka. The Manthan-2016 is a competition among the graduate and post graduate students in Karnataka to evaluate, recognize and reward the three best original commercially viable and implementable business proposals.
- Ms. Shreya, Ms. Rachana. Ms. Sanjana 6th semester ISE students, got best paper award for titled “ Study on Big Data Analytics- User Perception” in National Conference on Emerging Trends and Advances in Information Technology conducted by department of CS&E, AIT, Chikmagalur, Jan 29th & 30th under the guidance of Dr. Manjunath T N, Professor, Dept. of ISE.
- Mr. Bharath Aditya and Mohammed Ameen, 6th semester students of ISE have launched Melange Foundation at BMSIT, Bangalore on 1st November 2015. As a part of this Foundation various activities is been conducted like Walkfree dramatic in various events in college etc.,
- Mr. Prateek Kalita 6th Semester student of ISE, Won first prize in coding contest conducted as part of Tech Transform- 2016 on 19th and 20th Feb 2016.
- Ms. Rachan R C, 6th semester student ISE, won first prize in Biz Shark conducted as part of Tech Transform- 2016 on 19th and 20th Feb 2016.
- Mr. Akshat Gupta, 3rd Semester ISE student, an entrepreneur and managing a company named “AKSHAT SOLUTIONS” with annual turnover of 5 Lakhs, who is also involved in providing automation solutions for the college as well as for the department, such as a Proctoring automation system BIMS and so on.
- Project titled “Design of Smart Homes using IOT” got funding from KSCST, under the guidance of Prof Chandrashekhara K T for the year 2015-16.
Information Science Engineering Placements
The college has good track record in terms of placement, for the students from the information science engineering department. Atos, Cognizant, Fidelity, Dell, Capgemini, Wipro, Philips, SAP and many other companies have been visit the campus for placement drive.
|Company Name||No. of Students Placed|
Information Science Admissions @ BMSIT
If you are willing to join Information Science Engineering in BMS Institute of Technology Bangalore, you need to pass class 12th or 2nd PUC or equivalent examination from any recognized board with at least 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and any one between Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology or Electronics.
In addition to the criteria prescribed above, you need to appear in the Entrance Exams conducted by the university and the association of private colleges of Karnataka like:
- CET (Common Entrance Test) conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority
- COMEDK-UGET (COMEDK Undergraduate Entrance Test) conducted by Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka
BMS Institute of Technology also provides admission under management quota seats, for which the trustee of the institute comes to a decision regarding the tuition fee and seat allotments under management quota. For admission through management quota the minimum percentage of marks expected is 60% as per the current norms of the management.